For patients with MRSA† cSSSI‡ or nosocomial pneumonia due to known or suspected MRSA
CONSIDER ZYVOX FROM THE START
Proven MRSA Coverage
- »Proven efficacy in MRSA cSSSI and nosocomial pneumonia due to known or suspected MRSA1-6
- »ZYVOX is the only FDA-approved IV and oral treatment option supported by the IDSA guidelines for the treatment of both cSSSI and nosocomial pneumonia due to known or suspected
- »ZYVOX continues to have low MRSA resistance after 10+ years of useII
– In 2012, 100% of MRSA isolates tested were susceptible to
Excellent Tissue Penetration
- »Oral ZYVOX penetration in inflamed foot tissue was approximately 100% of plasma concentration at 3 hours after administration at steady state in a study of 15 patients with DFI without concomitant
- »Excellent penetration in epithelial lining fluid with
– Pharmacokinetic data do not necessarily correlate with clinical results
– ZYVOX mean concentration in pulmonary epithelial lining fluid was approximately 100% of plasma concentration at steady state in a prospective, open-label, single-center study of 16 critically ill VAP¶ patients who received IV ZYVOX 600 mg q12h12
One Consistent Dosing Regimen6
- »600 mg IV or oral q12h in adult patients with MRSA cSSSI and nosocomial pneumonia due to known or suspected
- »No peak and trough monitoring
*Terms and conditions apply. Medicare/Medicaid patients are ineligible. Please scroll down.
† Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
‡ Complicated skin and skin structure infections.
§ See prescribing information for pediatric and uncomplicated skin and skin structure infection dosing.
II The Linezolid Experience and Accurate Determination of Resistance (LEADER) program was established in 2004 to monitor the in vitro activity of linezolid in the United States. In the 2012 LEADER study, 60 sites were selected across the 9 US Census Bureau Regions and contributed a total of 7429 pathogens.
¶ Ventilator-associated pneumonia.